Table of contents:
What is lipofilling?
Lipofiling — also referred to as free fat transfer or fat grafting — is a procedure to fill up areas with your own body fat instead of using a chemical filling or an implant. This is a highly efficient procedure as it is not very invasive and produces natural results. About 60% of the fat stays forever.
With fat transfer through extensive liposuction of the abdomen and the flanks, and lipofilling of the gluteal area and the hips, a curvy female body contour can be accentuated.
at grafting of the body is usually performed under local anesthesia with sedation. If it is combined with other procedures it will mostly be done under general anesthesia. The method used by Dr Doornaert is called the Coleman method.
- Liposuction — The fat used to re-inject in the body can be taken through means of liposuction from any part of the body having a sufficient amount of fat, in most cases from the abdomen or the upper legs or the thigh. After injecting local anesthesia, which minimizes bleeding in this particular area, a very small incision is made and fat is aspirated using a blunt needle with multiple perforations and a special aspirator. The small incision is closed with one stitch.
- Filtration — This fat is filtered to separate blood, oil and local anesthetic from the fat cells.
- Fat injection — The place where we want more volume is injected with a minimal amount of local anesthesia after which fat cells are injected with cannulas.
- The trick of fat transfer is to inject only a very small amount of fat with each pass of the cannula. This way the grafted fat will be in direct contact with the surrounding tissue and will make it possible for the fat to grow in the vessels really fast. Thus the fat can survive.
- About 60% of the fat stays forever, the other 40% is absorbed by the body. Therefore a little overcorrection is done during the operation.
- Repetition — After 6 months, if necessary, another fat graft may be performed until the desired effect has been obtained. Repetition is needed for about 50% of our patients.
- After the procedure, it is necessary to avoid pressure on the lipofilled areas to allow for maximum fat survival.
- Conversely, a pressure garment is indicated for the compression of liposuction areas. Around the flanks, the bandage should be worn for 2-3 weeks. If liposuction is performed from the legs, liposculpture pants are worn for 6 weeks.
- No wound care is necessary.
- No sports for 3 weeks.
Frequently asked questions
What is the cost of body surgery?
You can find estimated prices here, after your consultation you will be informed of the exact prices of your operation. Prices are average and may vary depending on: the exact treatment or surgery needed; the exact area you want to have treated; your body type; your expectations and wishes...
We have a specific procedure to get a quote from the doctor. To receive a personalized quote, please visit the following link to see your different options.
Is there a payment plan or financing option for a surgery?
No, payments have to be made following our payment policy. It is not possible to pay for a surgery via monthly/... payments.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.