To successfully plan your facial surgery, there are a few steps you will need to follow. There will be preoperative tests you have to go through, you'll have to plan your travels, etc. Once you've gone through these necessary steps, you can prepare for your stay and get packing! All that's left is getting your surgery and following our postoperative instructions as you patiently go through your recovery.
Table of contents:
Planning your operation
Obligatory things to arrange
Once you obtain your facial surgery proposal, you will receive login information to get access to our patient platform. This will be where you can arrange the following things:
- Anaesthesiology form—Fill in the anaesthesia form in your account section.
- Preoperative tests—Only operations in general anaesthesia.
- Electrocardiogram—Only when you are older than 45 and will have general anaesthesia or local with deep sedation. Please upload the report to the patient platform at least one month before the operation so we can prepare and make the necessary judgments. If your doctor or hospital needs a letter you can download it here.
- Blood test—For all ages when you're going to have general anaesthesia or local with deep sedation. Please email the results at least 1 month before your surgery. We really need the results of these investigations as our anesthesiologists won’t give anaesthesia without it. The tests we need are Hb, hematocrit, APTT/PTT, platelets, fibrinogen, creatinine, urea, electrolytes (ex. Potassium, Sodium, Chlorine), HIV and Hepatitis C. If your doctor needs a letter from us you can download it here and fill in your name and the date.
- Orthopantomogram of the lower jaw—Only when you have a jaw reduction or chin recontouring. You can bring this image with you or email it to us. Best is to ask your dentist for this. It doesn’t need to be a recent image, ask your dentist for an already existing image from your file. If your dentist needs a letter from us you can download it here and fill in your name, birth date and the current date.
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test (CPET)—If your BMI is between 30 and 35 we need a cardiopulmonary exercise test. If your BMI is higher then 35 we don’t operate for your own safety. When losing enough weight we will operate as soon as your BMI is lower than 35. No exceptions are made.
- CBCT Scan of the skull—Only when you are getting custom made peek implants for the cheek(s). This scan is not included in your operation and should be made at least 8 weeks before your operation. These are your instructions.
- Duration and typical stay—You will receive a planning document with all your appointments in Antwerp 5-7 days after we receive a receipt of your booking deposit.
- Transport to Belgium—Belgium is easy to reach from all countries.
- Your stay in our guesthouse—For patients of Dr Bart van de Ven, most of the proposals are inclusive of your stay in our Guesthouse. Some patients of Dr Doornaert will have to book their stay in the Guesthouse themselves, you can find on your proposal whether your stay is included or not.
- Things to bring—We made a checklist of things you might want to bring with you during your operative stay in Belgium.
During your preoperative facial consultation, we will ask you to sign an informed consent for the operation. If you wish you can already take a look at it so there are no surprises.
We will provide you with these postoperative instructions on paper in the clinic.
Book your operation
Request a quote first
If you already received a quote, you can log in to book an operation.
Log in to your personal account
We refer you to the 2pass Clinic part of our clinic, the o2 Clinic part is still under construction:
Book your operation
Go to your surgery proposal and choose a date for the surgery.
Pay the full amount for your operation
The operation date is reserved for you for one week. Without payment, we reopen the date to other patients. We ask for the full amount of your operation to reserve your operation date.
Rescheduling / Cancellation policy after payment
- More than 30 days before your date of surgery: you lose €500
- Less than 30 days before your date of surgery: you lose 50% of total operation cost
- Less than 1 week before your date of surgery: you lose 100% of total operation cost
Please note that we don’t accept VISA. The operation fees have to be transferred or paid in cash.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.