To successfully plan your Body surgery there are a few steps you will need to follow. There will be preoperative tests you might have to go through, you'll have to plan your travels, etc. Once you've gone through these necessary steps, you can prepare for your stay and get packing! All that's left is getting your surgery and following our postoperative instructions as you patiently go through your recovery.
Table of contents:
Planning your operation
Obligatory things to arrange
Once you obtain your Body surgery proposal, you will receive login information to get access to our patient platform. This will be where you can arrange the following things:
- Anaesthesiology form — Fill in the anesthesia form in your account section.
- Preoperative tests — Only for operations under general anaesthesia if specifically requested.
Attention: preoperative examinations or tests will only be necessary if we see any reason to do so based on your completed anaesthesia form. These are some of the tests that might be required:
- Electrocardiogram — Only when you are older than 60 and have general anesthesia or local with deep sedation. Please upload the report to the patient platform at least one month before the operation so we can prepare and make the necessary judgments.
- Blood test
- Only when you are older than 60, an obligatory blood test is required in advance. Please email the results at least 1 month before your surgery. We really need the results of these investigations as our anesthesiologists won’t give anaesthesia without it. The tests we need are Hb, hematocrit, APTT/PTT, platelets, fibrinogen, creatinine, urea, electrolytes (ex. Potassium, Sodium, Chlorine), HIV and Hepatitis C. If your doctor needs a letter from us you can download it here and fill in your name and the date.
- If you are under 60 years old, a blood test can be carried out in our clinic if we see any reason to do so based on your completed anaesthesia form.
These exams are NOT included in the price. All these tests need to be arranged by you in your home country. Your general practitioner could help you with this. The results should be updated to your account on our platform. The blood test and the ECG cannot be older than 3 months. They are very important as the anesthesiologist will not give general anesthesia without it.
Planning your stay in Belgium
- Duration and typical stay — You will receive a planning document with all your appointments in Antwerp 5-7 days after receipt of your booking deposit.
- Transport to Belgium — Belgium is easy to reach from all countries.
- Your stay in our guesthouse — For patients of Dr. Bart van de Ven most of the proposals are inclusive of your stay in our Guesthouse. Some patients of Dr. Doornaert will have to book their stay in the Guesthouse, you can find on your proposal if your stay is included or not.
During your preoperative body surgery consultation, we will ask you to sign an informed consent for the operation. If you wish you can already take a look at it so there are no surprises.
We will provide you with postoperative instructions in the clinic.
Request a quote first
If you already received a quote, you can log in to book an operation.
Book your operation
Log in to your personal account.
We refer you to the 2pass Clinic part of our clinic, the o2 Clinic part is still under construction:
Book your operation
Go to your surgery proposal and choose a date for the surgery.
Pay the full amount for your operation
The surgery date will be reserved for you for one week. Without payment within the prescribed period, we will reopen your chosen surgery date to other patients. Therefore, we ask you to pay the full amount in advance in order to reserve your surgery date.
Rescheduling / Cancellation policy after payment
- If you cancel / reschedule more than 30 days before the date of the operation, you will lose a standard sum of € 500.
- If you cancel / reschedule less than 30 days before the date of the operation, you will lose 50% of the total cost of the operation.
- If you cancel / reschedule less than 1 week before the operation, you will lose 100% of the total cost of the operation.
Please note that we don’t accept VISA. The operation fees have to be transferred or paid in cash.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.