To successfully plan your Body surgery there are a few steps you will need to follow. There will be preoperative tests you have to go through, you'll have to plan your travels, etc. Once you've gone through these necessary steps, you can prepare for your stay and get packing! All that's left is getting your surgery and following our postoperative instructions as you patiently go through your recovery.
Table of contents:
Planning your operation
Obligatory things to arrange
Once you obtain your Body surgery proposal, you will receive login information to get access to our patient platform. This will be where you can arrange the following things:
- Anaesthesiology form—Fill in the anesthesia form in your account section.
- Preoperative tests—Only operations in general anesthesia.
- Electrocardiogram— Only when you are older than 45 and have general anesthesia or local with deep sedation. Please upload the report to the patient platform at least one month before the operation so we can prepare and make the necessary judgments.
- Blood test—For all ages when you have general anesthesia or local with deep sedation. We really need the results of these investigations as our anesthesiologists won’t give anesthesia without it. The tests we need are: Hb, hematocrit, APTT/PTT, platelets, fibrinogen, creatinine, urea, electrolytes (ex. Potassium, Sodium, Chlorine), HIV and Hepatitis C. If your doctor needs a letter from us you can download it here and fill in your name and the date.
These exams are NOT included in the price, with exception of the CT-scan for an Adam’s apple reduction. All these tests need to be arranged by you in your home country. Your general practitioner could help you with this. The results should be updated to your account on our platform. Bloodtest and ECG can be no older than 3 months. They are very important as the anesthesiologist will not give general anesthesia without it.
Planning your stay in Belgium
- Duration and typical stay—You will receive a planning document with all your appointments in Antwerp 5-7 days after receipt of your booking deposit.
- Transport to Belgium—Belgium is easy to reach from all countries.
- Your stay in our guesthouse—For patients of Dr. Bart van de Ven most of the proposals are inclusive of your stay in our Guesthouse. Some patients of Dr. Doornaert will have to book their stay in the Guesthouse, you can find on your proposal if your stay is included or not.
During your preoperative body surgery consultation, we will ask you to sign an informed consent for the operation. If you wish you can already take a look at it so there are no surprises.
We will provide you with postoperative instructions in the clinic.
Request a quote first
If you already received a quote, you can log in to book an operation.
Book your operation
Log in to your personal account.
We refer you to the 2pass Clinic part of our clinic, the o2 Clinic part is still under construction:
Book your operation
Go to your surgery proposal and choose a date for the surgery.
Pay the advance for your operation
The operation date is reserved for you for one week. Without payment of the deposit, the date will be opened up again for other patients. We ask for a deposit of 1000 euro to reserve your operation date (this deposit can of course be deducted from the total price). If your operation is less than 1000 euro, the deposit is the amount due.
Rescheduling / Cancellation policy after payment of a deposit
- More than 30 days before your date of surgery: you lose €500
- Less than 30 days before your date of surgery: you lose 50% of total operation cost
- Less than 1 week before your date of surgery: you lose 100% of total operation cost
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.