Table of contents:
Marilyn Monroe, Beyoncé, Scarlet Johansson, Sophia Loren, all beautiful women famous for their feminine figure. This is due to their hourglass figure: a small waist and wider hips. Women with an hourglass figure have a low waist-to-hip ratio – this is the ratio of the circumference of your waist to that of your hips. Women with an hourglass figure have a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.7, whereas for men, that is an average of 0.9.
The most common hip augmentation method for transgender people is liposculpture or fat grafting. In the case of liposculpture, fat is removed from another part of the body, usually from the abdomen. It is the most natural choice. For this operation, you need to have enough natural body fat. If the fat in your abdominal area – or another part of your body – is transferred to your hips, around 40% of the fat injected will be absorbed by your body. The remaining 60% of the fat will remain on your hips permanently.
The operation is carried out by Dr Doornaert under local or general anaesthetic. Depending on the effect you want to achieve via hip augmentation, a second treatment can be carried out via fat grafting, around six months after the first operation.
And after the hip augmentation operation?
- Avoid pressure on your hips so that the ‘new’ injected fat can be absorbed optimally by your body.
- Don’t engage in sports for three weeks.
The cost depends on various factors. We advise you to schedule an initial consultation with Dr Maarten Doornaert. During this intake appointment, your surgery will be discussed in detail and all your questions will be answered. In this first consultation, you will also find out the cost.;
Frequently asked questions
What is the cost of body surgery?
You can find estimated prices here, after your consultation you will be informed of the exact prices of your operation. Prices are average and may vary depending on: the exact treatment or surgery needed; the exact area you want to have treated; your body type; your expectations and wishes...
We have a specific procedure to get a quote from the doctor. To receive a personalized quote, please visit the following link to see your different options.
Is there a payment plan or financing option for a surgery?
No, payments have to be made following our payment policy. It is not possible to pay for a surgery via monthly/... payments.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.