Table of contents:
What is a brow lift?
The arch as well as the position of the eyebrows are influenced by the shape of the frontal bone underneath. An eyebrow lift is a well-known procedure in plastic surgery that is usually performed on genetically older women to give the area above the eyes a youthful and fresh look.
A youthful and fresh look
An eyebrow lift opens the area above the eyes, making one seem less closed and tired. During the operation, the skin of the entire forehead is lifted, hence raising the eyebrows.
How does an eyebrow lift procedure work?
- For a serious brow lift with a long-lasting result, the skin of the forehead needs to be mobilized completely. This means the skin needs to be detached from the skull during surgery. There are 2 options:
- An incision deep inside the hair (bicoronal incision). The disadvantage of this incision is that the hairline will move backward as the forehead skin will be lifted. Moving the hairline backward is almost never wanted.
- Or an incision just a few millimeters inside the hair, the so-called hairline incision (see hairline lowering in one stage). This is the one that is usually opted for.
- To make sure the facial nerve isn't be damaged we choose the plane of dissection directly over the bone right under a very tight membrane that covers the outer surface of the forehead bone, called periosteum.
- To mobilize the brows, an incision of the periosteum can be made just under the brows.
- Once the brows have been brought into their desired position the access skin needs to be resected and the skin is closed.
How long does it take to recover after a brow lift?
The recovery after a brow lift usually is uneventful. There can be some bruising which will fade away in 2-3 weeks. Swelling will be minimal.
- Undercorrection (not enough lifting);
- Overcorrection (surprised look);
- Depending on the type of incision, there can be hypertrophic scarring (hairline incision) or the hairline might be too high (bicoronal incision).
Frequently asked questions
What is the cost of facial surgery?
You can find estimated prices here, after your consultation you will be informed of the exact prices of your operation. Prices are average and may vary depending on: the exact treatment or surgery needed; the exact area you want to have treated; your bone structure; your expectations and wishes...
We have a specific procedure to get a quote from the doctor. To receive a personalized quote, please visit the following link to see your different options.
Is there a payment plan or financing option for a surgery?
No, payments have to be made following our payment policy. It is not possible to pay for a surgery via monthly/... payments.
We are doing our very best to keep this information up-to-date. In case you see anything that no longer seems accurate, or in case you have a question, please fill out the form below.